Some of the actions we take without much thought, except for handling a circumstance at the time, can have long term effects that are amazing. Cases in point - my two girls had developed habits based on actions I took when they were newborns that I did not realize was related until very late in my life. In one case, because I had to stay with my parents during the first year of my first daughter's life, I made a decision that still impacts her today. In that situation there was a lot of noise in the house with a lot of people coming and going. My simple solution to allow my daughter to have her naps during the day was to put a radio in the crib with her and keep it playing music all day long. She still wants to have music or something playing most of the time in her house and in the car as well. When my second daughter was born we had a house to ourselves and I made everyone be very quiet when she needed to nap or sleep. It took her a long time after she was married to be able to nap or sleep with any noise in the bedroom. If only we could have conscious understanding of the long term effects of some of our choices.......on others as well as ourselves.
1 comment:
This is so amazingly interesting. I can't wait to read more. thank you, I Love You
Post a Comment